1. Fly a kite at an open field. Spend an afternoon of fun and childish excitement as you try to pretend to be kids for a while.
2. Buy tickets to your spouse’s favourite band’s concert. Even if you’re not fond of his or her kind of music, just go. This is a great way to show your spouse that you’re willing to “sacrifice” for him or her.
3. Play a game of chess or cards. Have fun interacting with each other. It doesn’t matter what you play as long as you have fun.
4. Visit a pet store and get yourselves a pair of turtles. Name them Edward and Bella, after the Twilight main characters, to remind you both of your commitment to love and cherish each other.
5. Have a photo shoot. A lot of photo studios are offering packages for couples who want to capture their memorable moments. Buy new clothes and go to the salon to have a makeover before heading off for the photo studio or the location of the shoot.
6. Record your very own music album. There are a number of music booths that allow you to sing and record your voice to create your very own CD. Showcase your singing talent while enjoying each other’s company.
7. Go to the cinema and enjoy the latest movie offering. Choose a movie that you will both like.
8. Hide a “treasure” somewhere in your house and ask your spouse to find it. Be creative when making the treasure map and give your spouse a little bit of challenge.
9. Create a casino atmosphere in your home and go gaming. Instead of using money for bets, use personal prized possesions such as cellular phones, notebooks or jewelry.
10. Try doing some online IQ tests. See who has a higher IQ, you or your spouse?
11. Bring your spouse to a comedy bar to get a good dose of fun and laughter.
12. Spend a night just going bar-hopping. Just make sure that either one of you will still be able to bring yourselves home.
13. Head off for the local pool and have a swimming competition. If your spouse doesn’t know how to swim, then you can give him or her free swimming lessons.
14. Play hide and seek in your house. Try to hide in the most unusual places to make the game more challenging.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
15. Go biking together. Enjoy nature and each other’s company while keeping your bodies healthy.
16. Take a leisurely drive in neighbourhood areas on a weekend. Enjoy the scenery while relaxing after a stressful week at work.
17. Buy fresh fruits and vegetables at an organic farm. To learn how farming is done, go around the farm with a tour guide.
18. Hike up to the peak of a mountain and take pictures of each other and the view.
19. Pretend to be Tarzan and Jane as you swing from tree to tree at the Forest Adventure. Get ready for a real adrenaline rush!
Accomplish Something Worthwhile
20. Do some arts and crafts. To make this activity more worthwhile, choose to do a craft that will be useful for your home.
21. Find areas in your home that need to be improved. Work together to make your home look nicer.
22. Try to learn a new language together. French would be a great choice. To practice, try talking to each other using the new language.
23. Invent a new dish and cook it together. Make sure that you use ingredients that are special and exotic. Compile all your recipes so you can make your own cookbook.
24. Do a research on both your genealogies. Who knows, one of you might be a descendant of a royalty?
25. Enroll in a dance class and learn how to salsa or tango together. Once you’ve mastered all the moves, go dancing at a local club to showcase your newfound talent.
26. Take part in some environmental protection initiatives such as the Plant A Tree Programme. Give the tree a name and pretend that it’s one of your children.
27. Spend an afternoon at a historical site to relive the olden days.
Satisfy Your Food Cravings
28. Visit an exotic restaurant and dare each other to eat the weirdest item on the menu.
29. Go to an eat-all-you-can restaurant and have an eating contest.
30. Join a multi-cultural food safari to savour the specialties of various countries.
31. Visit your favourite dessert shop and order your favourite cake. Share on a big slice to make it more romantic.
32. Splurge! Dress up and eat at a fancy restaurant.
Help Out Others
33. Clear out your wardrobes and storage areas. Then, donate the items that you wish to dispose to an orphanage or an elderly home.
34. Volunteer at a local charity or go on a short-term missions trip to poor villages.
35. Prepare your spouse’s favourite breakfast and serve it with a love letter. Make sure that the love letter sounds really romantic.
36. Drop by your spouse’s workplace during break time to have a quick snack with him or her.
37. Wake your spouse up in the middle of the night and invite him or her to go outside to watch the stars. Just hope that your spouse will see your good intentions and will not get mad at you for interrupting his or her sleep.
38. Surprise your spouse by coming home from work early. Prepare his or her favourite dish and set the table extra special. Be his or her personal server for the night.
39. Come home with a bunch of slowers and a bottle of your spouse’s favourite wine. Grab a mat and have a picnic right in the middle of your living room.
40. Write down your family’s goals for the next five years. Make sure that you list down specific ways on how you can achieve these together.
41. Be poetic. Write a poem for your spouse then it to him or her over a candlelight dinner.
42. Have a themed romantic dinner at home. Make sure that you make it extraordinary by putting up nice decorations. Don’t forget to prepare the background music.
43. Do the laundry together. Not only will this make the task seem lighter but it can also help you bond together.
44. Go to your roofdeck and watch the sunset together. You can also do this at a beach.
45. Hang out at a hotel’s lobby lounge as they usually provide great music entertainment. Have a heart-to-heart talk with your spouse over two cups of coffee.
46. Devise a way to start a fight with your spouse just so you could “kiss and make up” later.
47. Chill out while watching planes land at a park near your local airport. Bring some food so you will have something to munch while enjoying the sight of landing planes.
48. Set a “re-commitment night” where you and your spouse will say your wedding vows all over again in front of your children. If you don’t have children yet, you can invite your friends over.
49. Sleep in on weekends. Wake up at lunch time to have “brunch” in bed.
50. Tell your spouse to meet you at the place where you first met. Act like you’re strangers and relive the scenes when you first set eyes on each other.